Sunday, January 5, 2014

Make 2014 Count!



Cassidy, Brody and Clancy


Clancy, Brody, Cassidy and Cam




I have decided to share my blog with a group of amazing ladies who really have blogging figured out! I am answering three questions that were placed on their blogs and hope to be linked with their sites...it's TIME to get blogging!

1.   What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year, and what is your plan for making it happen?

My Goal for the New Year is to enjoy my life and the people in it. I have always been a planner and I never take time to live in the present. I am always moving on ahead to what’s next. I hope to slow down in 2014 and actually live each moment as it comes along.
2. Many people choose a word to reflect on, live by, or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it, and how you hope to incorporate it into 2014.

The word I have chosen for 2014 is TiME. This year I will turn 51. TIME flies. It seems to go by faster with each passing year, and we have no guarantees. This moment in TIME is all we have. As I look back on 2013, I see many moments of pain and sorrow- a son struggling with drug addiction. I see new life and joy unimaginable with the birth of my first grandchild. I see my baby daughter filling out college applications and searching for scholarships. I see gray hairs when I look in the mirror and wonder where that young dreamer that I used to be has gone. I look into the eyes of my husband of 27 years and see a “Pop” who says the worse thing about being a “Pop” is sleeping with “Lolli” (I refuse to be called Granny!)
I have decided to embrace the year 2014 as it begins with a clean slate…a new beginning full of uncertainties, challenges, blessings and aha moments to endure, enjoy and share with those I love. I will make TIME for my loved ones. When they struggle, I will prayerfully lift them up with encouraging words and be there for them. When they laugh, I will laugh with them. When they cry, I will wipe their tears and shed my own. I will make TIME for my health. I’m like every other woman I know…my life is filled with meeting everyone else’s needs while neglecting my own by not eating a healthy diet and taking TiME for a brisk walk to clear my mind, lower my blood pressure and increase my energy level. Most importantly, I will give the LORD my TiME because He is the one who has entrusted me with it all along. My TIME should be HIS TIME….He has my days numbered, and He sees the big picture when I can only see this second in TIME.
3. I will make 2014 count by…Enjoying each new day as it comes and not worrying or trying to fix it to meet my needs or expectations. (I’m a real worrier…this is a challenge).

If you would like to join this link up, head on over to 





Guess who's walking?????










Lolli and "little man"




Clancy's Open House at University of Tennessee with the folks...Go Vols!!!!!


Holiday Road trip! 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Shan, I love you!!!! We have to make time for each other this year! HAVE to! I saw Warren taking the kiddos into gym yesterday to play ball and my heart ached I miss you guys!

      Delete