Saturday, January 4, 2014

If Everyday Was Like Christmas....?

Okay, It's January 4th.

 The trees are down, decorations in boxes,
 presents have been placed in their respectable places,
and 2014 is in full swing.

I'm beginning day 3 of my new healthy living plan, and I haven't strayed from the plan! (This is success!)

There's snow on the ground and more on the way tomorrow night according to local stations...I am one happy Lolli!

As I think about the coming year, I ask myself an important question...do I have life, or does life have me? Deep....uh?

Let me explain myself. I often find myself spiraling out of control when situations enter my life. I become overwhelmed and lose my grip. My solution is to take a looooong nap! 

You would be surprised at how much of 2013 I actually slept through!

Well bloggers, it is time I got a handle on life.

This year, I will focus on the important and let the rest take care of itself.

Most important is my relationship with the Lord.  I give my future to Him and agree to His divine plan for my life. The past no longer counts and my future is His.

My greatest blessing on this earth is my family. I will spend more time just listening and being in the moment. Each Christmas, our family makes an effort to see each and every member of our little clan. Why do we have to wait til once a year to take time to just be together? I mean we get together during the year, but it is always on the run and usually my mind is at the next stop...school, home, What's for supper? What time is dance team practice? (you get the picture)

Why can't everyday we take time to realize that Jesus...is our gift?
Why can't everyday we take time to touch base with at least one family member we have not spoken to in a while?
Why can't we sit down and enjoy a snack (healthy of course) and just talk to one another?

"Oh why can't everyday be like Christmas
Why can't that feeling go on endlessly
For if everyday could be just like Christmas
What a wonderful world this would be...."
                                                                   written by Red West
                                                                    sung by Elvis Presley



No comments:

Post a Comment