Friday, January 24, 2014

"Each day provides its own gifts."-Martial


This has been an amazing week. I love the snow and I always feel rested after a day of being "snowed in" with my lovelies! 
I like to take the time to just enjoy my life...my family, my home, my relationship with the Lord. It's amazing what a lazy, quiet day at home can remind us of. We stay so busy living our lives that we forget what's truly important...like curling up in your favorite chair with a hot cup of coffee and your favorite devotional and your bible and reading while watching the snow fall, or a quiet house that proves everyone else is sleeping and you are left alone to your thoughts and prayers, or a steaming bowl of homemade soup with the fam while we watch a movie that everyone has seen so many times you know every word, but you can never get enough of that moment in time when you are all together sharing something you all love. It's sad that it takes a weather forecast to remind us all to slow down and make time for each other and what is truly important, but I know "the weatherman" personally and I am glad that he can use the weather to remind me of my truest blessings!

Jesus is the answer to all our questions.
He is the solution to all our problems,
the medicine for all our sicknesses,
the end to all our beginnings,
the rest for all our weariness,
the light in our darkest days.
He is the solid rock on which we can find security!

No comments:

Post a Comment