Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Did You Ever Have One Of Those Days????

Okay...Today has honestly been one of the worse days I have ever had...HONESTLY!

I have been so faithful to get up each day at 5am and spend time with the Lord, and I have felt such peace and been so empowered! This week has been amazing UNTIL.....today.....

I woke up this morning expecting snow, so when my alarm went off at 5 and there was no snow, I was disappointed and without thinking I set my alarm for 6 and went back to bed (waiting for the snow I told myself). When the alarm went off at 6, I laid there and felt sorry for myself because it hadn't started snowing. I got up at 6:30, and I leave the house at 7, so needless to say, I started my day neglecting my morning time with the Lord and began my day.

First period I was writing on my whiteboard and I turned to walk to my desk and I fell! Yep! Splattered out all over the place if you don't believe me ask anyone in my first period class-they all saw it! I twisted my knee and my back is a little sore. I had to fill out a accident report and everything-just a precaution!

Then, after dance team practice at Ingles, I ran into a mad parent whose daughter was told she couldn't dance at the first game because she had missed practice yesterday. In all my years 50 to be exact if you don't practice you don't play...not rocket science!
 Anyway, I was tired and ready to go home, and I honestly should have told him to make an appointment with the principal to discuss it and walked away, but I stood there and listened to him and got madder and madder, and he got madder and madder. He took every word I said and literally made it a negative statement. You can never win when someone confronts you with a narrow mind, but he ended up saying very ugly words to me in front of everyone at Ingles and accuse me of being an uncaring teacher (if you know me you know that is funny) I left very upset.

When I got home, my husband and daughter meet me at the door to inform me that we have no water....I haven't paid the water bill. I feel that I have so many things going that I can't think straight. Paying the water bill was on my to do list. I just didn't get it done. I thought I had paid it. My husband says I have too much on my plate. I know he is right. I feel that I have let him down and that makes me sad.

I also feel that I let the Lord down by not making time for Him this morning. I know that if I had spent time with Him, I would have handled my day the same. I didn't want to go to church tonight. I wanted to curl up in bed and cry and feel very sorry for myself, but then I thought, Lord you know how bad I need you tonight. I need to be in your presence with your people, so I went to church and it was so worth it. My church peeps make me feel so loved and I get so much comfort and strength from them. God knew I needed  that fellowship tonight.

He is so wonderful. Even when I don't make time for HIM. HE still makes time for me and loves me more than I can imagine. Have you ever had one of those days when the Lord took your mess and made it amazing? Let's hear about it.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment