Friday, January 9, 2015

Welcome 2015



This is my first post of the New Year! Time seems to fly by so quickly. Just look at my grandson, Cam. He will be 2 years old in March. That just doesn't seem possible.

Our Christmas was challenging this year. It was the first year that my precious sister-in-law Karen celebrated Christ's birthday with Him! What a joyful Christmas to celebrate with our Lord and Savior, however, it left a big hole in our Christmas celebrations. Karen was always a planner and kept us all straight on where we needed to be and what we needed to bring. You never really realize all the "firsts" you must encounter when you lose someone you love and someone who is such a part of your life until they are gone.

Our family received the gift that kept on giving this year for Christmas-the stomach bug! It started with Cam on Christmas Eve and he "shared" with a total of 13 others in the family throughout the week of Christmas!

Hopefully as temperatures plummet this week, the germs will die out and kill these viruses and flus that are plaguing us across the country.

I spent the biggest part of my Christmas Break trying to organize my kitchen with the aid of pinterest. What did we do before pinterest? I ended up with five large garbage bags of unnecessary things or outdated food items. It shamed me that I had been so wasteful with the canned goods that could have fed families in our community, but because of my lack of organization skills and thoughtlessness, the food was ruined and no one benefited.

The financial waste was also shameful. I'm not much for New Year's Resolutions, but I do hope to make better use of my time by trying to stay organized and being more money conscious in the coming year.

I pray that I can learn to be a better friend and be more dependable to those who are in my life! Life is just too short on this side!

No comments:

Post a Comment