Friday, January 16, 2015

Elvis,Powersurges and Basketball...

What a month! As you should know on January 8th we celebrated Elvis' birthday! Can you believe he would have been 80 if he had lived? I actually had reservations to attend his birthday celebration at Graceland this year and canceled at the last minute because I had a gut feeling that I should stay home. As I watched the cutting of the birthday cake live on the internet, not only was Priscella there, but so was Lisa Marie and all four of Elvis' grandchildren…and I missed it!



I really have no regrets considering the bitter cold weather that hit that week. Maybe I can make it next year. I hope to go to visit Graceland in the spring this year. Memphis is one of my favorite spots, so much to see and do and all things ELVIS!

We had a very exciting week at school. I thought I was losing my mind when my computer kept saying it had lost connection. I jiggled and pulled every wire in my classroom. One minute it was working fine and the next it would shut down. After lunch there was an announcement that we were having power surges in the building and everyone was asked to head to the gym. What fun with 200 middle school students and teachers in a gym with no electricity. After we were all in the gym they turned all the power off to the building for safety. My nerves were really shot! And let's not forget the three middle school basketball games we had this week. Guess who works the concession stand for the games? Yep, what a week. You've heard the saying too blessed to be stressed…I guess that's me.
Very Blessed,
Latresa :)


2 comments:

  1. Memphis in the spring? Hmmm, this is new! Thats exciting for yall:) Glad you decided to stay home with us!

    ReplyDelete