Monday, January 26, 2015

Are We There Yet?

I don't know about you, it seems I have lived my life by "when I get…when I go…when I have…or when I do"….or even past tense
"when I was…or when I went…" you get the picture, right?

As I look at the present, in a little over a week I will be 52, yikes! I realize it's pretty great being in the here and now! I mean…I'm healthy for the most part (old age creeping in), I have the most amazing 23 month old grandson ever, I have 3 beautiful children (grown) a husband who tolerates and loves me anyway, a wonderful family, wonderful church family, great job and co-workers that love me (except for Koty, LOL) nice, warm home, I just completed my first novel (a lifelong dream come true) and more blessings than I could ever count.

So why do I continually look beyond the present and stretch for something that may never be? I hope to spend the fifty-second year of my life just enjoying where I am. I mean, that's where I am, right?
I am there? Are you there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment