Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day of Caring! 9-11-2014

September 11 is a day that will always create great emotion as we remember those who lost their lives in the tragedy of 911.

Graham County schools took the initiative to turn a day of sorrow into a day of sunshine when they declared September 11 a Day of Caring.

Teachers were instructed to create care projects for their classes and after lunch on the 11th every student, teacher, staff member engaged in an act of caring for someone they wanted to recognize.

My first thought was to help with the Cancer Tournament that was scheduled for the weekend. I contacted the coordinators and my class was to clean the concession stand and dugout areas. 

When the day was a complete washout, we had to make another plan. My class combined with two others and we made thank you cards for someone who was special.

That was one of the most popular activities of the day. It may not sound like that was much of a caring project but….


At the end of the day….


My heart was melted when I received cards not only from students I have now, but High School Students came by with cards.

"Thanks for being so kind and such a sweetheart to me"

"You care for all your students"          "You're Funny"

"I had a hard time in your class, but you helped me so much"

"You made learning fun and exciting"  "You're awesome"

"You made me realize I can do anything I set my mind to and not follow in my moms footsteps"

"You have been a blessing in my life"

Believe it or not there was more… too many to share without getting the big head LOL! Just kidding, but seriously, I have never felt so appreciated as a teacher and it helps me to realize that God has placed me at Robbinsville Middle School for a reason, to love and teach children (Not always from a textbook) but always from the heart.

Happy Caring Day Graham County!!!!!

Love, 

Mrs. Phillips :)


No comments:

Post a Comment