Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Learning everyday....


Lessons learned the week before CHRISTmas 2013…..

As I look back over the past week I wonder how did I possibly make it through the week? I ask you one question-Why do we push ourselves so far and so hard that we become so exhausted and so mindless that we are no earthly good to anyone?


That would have to describe last week for me. I am totally exhausted and I still have so much to do. Being a teacher at Robbinsville Middle School has so many rewards, I think we have about 180 students….so I will start with 180 rewards J Our kids are such a joy. The week before Christmas, we really spend most of our time just trying to keep the kids from consuming too many sweets and keeping them in their classrooms. They are excited about getting out for Christmas break. They are excited about dressing in ugly Christmas sweaters, wearing jingle bells and elf costumes, Mr. Knott dressing up like Frosty the Snowman, Mr. Luther in antlers, playing games in class instead of the usual assignments, and mostly…they are excited about Winter Formal.






Wednesday night we had dressed rehearsal for our CHRISTmas Play at Church, and it went off well…I won’t say without a hitch, but I think we will be ready come Sunday night. The kids have worked really hard and they are doing a musical, lots of talented kids singing and the true meaning of CHRISTmas! Can’t wait! This year my grandson Cam (8 months) will be a donkey in the manger scene which makes the play extra special.



Thursday morning, our RMS Office Manager and myself prepared our Annual Staff Breakfast complete with gravy, biscuits, sausage, bacon and eggs!

Thursday night, our seniors had to present their oral presentation to a panel of judges from the community for their final grade in their three part senior project. Clancy, being a senior, had to present hers. I always judge the presentations, so I was there to give her moral support! I was placed in the classroom that judged the food presentations since I teach family and consumer sciences…what a tough job! The first student presented us with homemade chocolate chip cheesecake and homemade yeast rolls! Next we were challenged to decide which barbeque sauce was best…of course the smoked barbeque was placed on a bun and we were given three regional sauces to taste! Then we were given a break to GO EAT A CATERED DINNER! I’m serious! After our dinner break, we had two more presentations…which included an orange cupcake and four individual sized cakes that were decorated by the student! What a night! The food was wonderful, but I have to say of all the years I have judged presentations, this group of students really had their presentations together! And….Clancy made a 6 (the highest grade you can make) on her presentation!



Then came Friday, we got out early and everyone began getting ready for the Winter Formal! Of course Mrs. Phillips is a chaperone! The kids had so much fun and I always enjoy watching them dance and play around. You remember Middle School ...



No comments:

Post a Comment