Saturday, March 28, 2015

Stressed backwards spells Desserts!!!

This week while I was reading my devotional, I discovered that failure to trust in the Lord produces stress in our lives. The fact that I deal with a tremendous amount of stress causes me to dig into the scriptures and search God's Word for myself. In Philipians 4:8 we read,
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Okay, pure thoughts and love in action are two important gleanings I can take from this scripture. I am also drawn to the first nugget, "whatsoever things are true". When I worry over my family, I am not taking into account God's truth that is repeated in the scriptures:

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Matthew 6:34  Therefore take no though for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought  for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn  of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

And so… I lay my burdens down at the feet of my Savior and I refuse to pick them up knowing that He and only He is able to take care of my family! Thank you, Lord for your Word and your Promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment