Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School!!!!


August brings changes not only in the weather…but in the routine we fall into during the lazy days of summer. With Clancy moved into her apartment at UTK, I am settling into my new routine. 

Yesterday was our first day back at school for teachers. We had a professional development workshop, and I decided I want to be a life coach in my next career! It sounds like fun!

  I refuse to be a victim to my circumstances and I want to help others learn to accept their situations and make a life that they can enjoy and be proud of! 

Then last night we had our seventh grade orientation and met our new students and parents. I worked from 9am until 9pm! For this little lazy teacher, going from not working to working a 12 hour day is quite exhausting.

This morning I got up at 5 am! Really! That's a big change for me. I like my sleep! I had time for my devotion and wrote a few pages on my novel, did a load of laundry, washed dishes and even got to go to my mom's for a cup of coffee and a visit with Cam before school. I'm one tired little chick this evening, but I have accomplished my goals for the day and I am happy.

I am discovering the reality more each day that I am responsible for my own happiness and I am growing in the Lord and my relationships with others. I think it's a great place to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment