Thursday, September 26, 2013

Blessings



I fail to realize how one woman can experience so many blessings in life. As I write this, I am sitting in a classroom full of children who are “reading”. I see one eating a pack of crackers, and I have to wonder if he has had anything to eat today. One fine gentleman is reading his book quietly, and I can’t help but smile-I haven’t seen him or not heard him I should say-this quiet since the first day of school. My sweet female students are all busy with reading and working on homework assignments. I have one day dreamer-I wonder what he is dreaming about. Another can NOT be still-not even long enough to complete an assignment.
They are mine-all of them, with their tendencies to get in trouble, lose homework, forget their book at home! Each and everyone of them a blessing, full of hopes and dreams for the future, and I get to be a small part of their lives and cheer them on to become responsible adults…..I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment